We are happy to look forward to having JEMS Mount Hermon Special Camp in person again this year, after a successful in-person camp last year! It will be so good to be together again in joyful reunion.
Although camp will be held in person, modified restrictions will remain in place for this year's camp due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, for the health and safety of all camp participants. Some of these restrictions are summarized below:
- COVID-19 antigen ("at home") testing will be required by all camp participants prior to departing for camp, with negative test result confirmed.
- Full vaccination as defined by the CDC (most-recent bivalent vaccine) is highly recommended but not required for all camp participants, to minimize any chance of severe outcomes in the event of COVID-19 exposure.
- Antigen tests will be taken for all camp participants upon entry to camp; testing will also be required upon camper arrival for each individual who travels with a camper to camp. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will be immediately quarantined and must depart or be picked up by a family member or pre-designated guardian within four hours of contact.
- Mask wearing will be required when indoors throughout camp week, except during eating, sleeping, and personal care. All those with an arriving camper are asked to wear masks as well when indoors on camp premises.
- There will be limited excursions off-premise this year (no visit to Family Camp). Alternative on-site activities will be planned.
- Campers and aides will remain in their designated camper care groups (i.e., "cohorts") throughout much of the camp week.
- Interactions with College Camp will be more restricted than usual.
- HEPA filters will remain running at all times in the Special Camp occupied cabins, as an additional health measure for all Special Camp participants.
- No visitors will be permitted during camp week unless individually approved by camp directors.
Please do not apply unless you agree to abide by each of the above COVID-19 related restrictions for Special Camp 2024. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.